Mellel is the most advanced word processor for Mac OS X, and at the same time the most affordable. This page includes information about purchasing Mellel, the various packages and the purchase process.
Where can I purchase Mellel?
RedleX: RedleX uses the services of Kagi and its secure servers. Buying from us you can pay by credit cards, wires, money orders, purchase orders and checks.
Mac Application Store: Buying via Apple is easy, convenient, safe and secure. Some special offers, though, may only be available via RedleX
Linguist's Software: Linguist's Software is an official worldwide distributor of Mellel. Linguist's Software offers options to buy Mellel via a secure Internet site, using a credit card and with special educational pricing.
There are several purchase options for Mellel:
- Regular license: $39 US
- Educational license: $29 US (from within the application or via the Mellel store only)
- Family/SOHO 5 Pack: $59 for 5 licenses (via the Mellel store only)
- 5 Pack upgrade: $35 to upgrade a Family license or from a regular license (via the Mellel store only)
Purchasing Mellel you get several important things:
- License number: Your unique license number.
- Unlimited upgrades: All the updates and upgrades come free of any charge.
- Free email support: Human, humane and quick.
- Free Goodies: Guides, tutorials, hyphenation dictionaries, and much more.
- From within the application: When you purchase Mellel from within the application your order is processed and approved within a few seconds and Mellel takes care of registering you by itself. You will also get a confirmation code via email. The subject line of this message would be "Thanks for your purchase".
- Via the RedleX Store: Here, your order will also be processed within a few seconds and, once complete, an email with all the registration details will be sent to you with the subject line "Thanks for your purchase."
- Via Mac Apple Store: purchasing Mellel here is done via your Apple ID, and the download, payment, and registration are performed at the same time. No further action is required from you. You will also get a confirmation note via email from Apple.
Note: When paying by Cash or Cheque (only via the RedleX Store) the processing time is much longer due to shipment time and manual processing of cheques and cash. You should allow between two and three weeks for the whole process.
I've purchased Mellel, but did not receive a confirmation note from Kagi, what's the deal with that?
If you did not receive a confirmation note from Kagi, it usually means that something went wrong with the order. "Wrong" here can be a problem with your credit card company, a problem with the email address, or any other reason. The bottom line is that the order was not confirmed, you will not be charged... And you will not receive the license code. To find out what happend, use Kagi's Order Tracking System to find out what went wrong and place the order again.
I've purchased Mellel, got the confirmation note, but did not receive any message from RedleX. What happened?
You should allow for 24 to 48 hours between your order and receiving the registration note from RedleX. If 48 hours have lapsed and you still did not receive the registration code from RedleX, this usually means that the code was sent to you, but was not received. This usually happens when you have an ISP or an email application that is too aggressive and labels the registration email as "Junk." You should check your "Junk" box and write directly to us.
I think I've ordered Mellel twice, or received two confirmation notes. What can I do about this?
Simply ask us for directions. Do not worry, your additional order will be refunded.
I want to get a receipt after making the purchase. What do I need to do?
You should check the appropriate option in our purchase page.